This region is one of the most beautiful regions on our planet. From the winelands, fruit growing valleys to the spectacular mountain ranges & passes. Some unusual rock formations eventually reaching the semi-arid regions of the little karoo. Movng southwards to the awe inspiring coast of the indian ocean lined with rivers, lakes, estuaries formed & eroded over milions of years where the forest meets the sea at the Tsitsikama forest. This tour combines geogological, historical, ecological, birding, wild life & the great outdoors.
So spoil yourselves and enjoy the magnificent garden route.
Day 1 Cape Town to Oudtshoorn (+-500 km = 320 miles)
- We leave cape town at 8 am take the back roads of the famous route 62.
- Drive past the quaint towns of Worcester, Robertson, Montagu, Barrydale where we make a short coffee stop.
- We continue past the small towns of Ladismith, Calitzdorp, until we reach: Oudtshoorn. The ostrich capital of the world & the capital of the little karoo.
- Also famous for its magnificent caves of unbelievable lime stone formations.
- Visit the famous Cango Caves.
- Overnight in a hotel or guest house or similar on b/b basis.
Day 2 Oudtshoorn to Knysna
- Visit the Ostrich show farm & then proceed to the town of George through the magnificant Outeniqua mountain pass
- Go back in time & take the steam train from George to Knysna the famous Outeniqua tjoe choo train. You go through unforgetable views lakes, estuaries & the Indian Ocean to south africa’s favourite town Knysna. This is a place where the first thing you think about is to retire here.
- Overnight at hotel or guest house or similar on b/b basis in Knysna & surrounds
Day 3 Knysna and surrounds
- Explore Knysna & the nearby areas
- Take a walk in the indigenous forest of Tsitsikama
- Do some shopping
- Visit Plettenberg Bay
- Evening cruise in the lagoon at sunset
- Overnight at hotel or similar on b/b basis in Knysna & surrounds
Day 4 Knysna to Cape Town or continue to Port Elizabeth
- Leave at 8 am & drive back via the N2 road +-500 km( 320miles) to Cape Town
- Visit the Dias museum in Mossel Bay (the 1st peoples from Europe to land in South Africa in 1488)
- Visit an aloe factory in the small town of Albertinia
- Stop in Swellendam for a light lunch (for your own acc)
- Arrive in Cape Town in the afternoon
Leave for Port Elizabeth via the N2 road through the Tsitsikama Storms River, Jeffries Bay & then to catch your connecting flight at Port Elizabeth airport.
A 5-day & 4 night safari package can also be arranged +-45 min from Port Elizabeth see the big 5 in a malaria free zone. Itinarary can be organized to suit your needs. Visit Scotia & the Great Addo elephant park.
Includes all entrances of:
evening cruise in the lagoon
hotel or guest house accomdation on b/b basis
For safari entrances to game reserve
Excluding lunch & dinner (for own account)
Optional extras in the Garden Route:
- Knysna elephant park
- Tsitsikama adventures treetop tours
- Bungi jumping
- A hike at the featherbed nature reserve at the spectacular western heads
- Whale watching boat rides from Knysna or Plettenberg Bay
If you have other request I would be glad to try accommodate.
General information & condition of sale
A deposit of 30% in advance by Paypal or otherwised arranged.
All tours are done by fully approved guides by the Dept of Environmental Affairs & Tourism of South Africa (Theta registered guides).
Different language guides can be obtained on request.
Cash payment to be made directly to the guide on commencement of the tour unless alternative arrangements have been made.
All tours are subject to a minimum no of passengers as well as subject to availability.
All tour departures are approximate & finalised the day before.
Luggage & personal possessions are carried at your own risk.
Tours are conducted in air-conditioned vehicles or similar.
All vehicles are fully insured against passenger liability.
All meals are for your own account unless arranged otherwise.
Cancellation fees will be calculated as follows:
- 60 to 31 days – 30%
- 30 to 15 days – 50%
- 14 to 2 days – 75%
- 2 days/ no 100%