Township Tour ½ day starting in the morning
Robben Island ½ day in the afternoon
- This will be a powerful and unforgettable experience.
- Sense the raw energy of this multicultural nation (the rainbow nation)
- Visit the “bo-kaap” (the Malay quarter), feel the aromas of the east.
- Visit District 6 (the most famous forced removals during apartheid) as well as its museum where it is well documented on how this community was destroyed & broken.
- You then travel to the oldest black area of Cape Town known as “Langa” the 1st apartheid housing (also known as townships)
- Visit Guguletu, Crossroads & Kayalitsha
Meet up with the locals visit schools, craft markets, traditional healers, a world within a world. Return to the city near lunch time to the famous waterfront for a light lunch (own account).
You then can board the ferry to Robben Island (duration three & and a half hours) & go on to follow the footsteps of our most famous citizen Nelson Mandela & other prominent political leaders that dedicated their lives for freedom, a world heritage site.
Please note you can do both as a full day or do the townships or Robben Island as a half-day each.
General information & condition of sale
A deposit of 30% in advance by Paypal or otherwised arranged.
All tours are done by fully approved guides by the Dept of Environmental Affairs & Tourism of South Africa (Theta registered guides).
Different language guides can be obtained on request.
Cash payment to be made directly to the guide on commencement of the tour unless alternative arrangements have been made.
All tours are subject to a minimum no of passengers as well as subject to availability.
All tour departures are approximate & finalised the day before.
Luggage & personal possessions are carried at your own risk.
Tours are conducted in air-conditioned vehicles or similar.
All vehicles are fully insured against passenger liability.
All meals are for your own account unless arranged otherwise.
Cancellation fees will be calculated as follows:
- 60 to 31 days – 30%
- 30 to 15 days – 50%
- 14 to 2 days – 75%
- 2 days/ no 100%